Akshaya Tritiya is one of the most awaited festivals of the year. This festival falls during the Shukla Paksha Tritiya in the month of Vaishakha. The day is consider quite auspicious, especially for the Hindu community.
Akshaya means something which never diminishes.
It is believe that what you do on this ‘Tritiya’ or date, never diminishes and gives you lifelong results.
This is one reason why a lot of people do chanting, puja, and donate on this day.
A lot of people also invest in silver and gold on this day.
As it is believe that buying precious metals like gold and silver on this day brings good luck and success.
Many believe that the gold and silver bough on this day continues to grow and never diminishes.
Significance of Akshaya Tritiya
According to Padma Purana, Lord Vishnu had told Narad Muni that whatever deeds humans do on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya, they will help them through his life and even afterward.
Date of Akshaya Tritiya 2022
In 2022, Akshaya Tritiya is on 3rd May 2022.
Time of Akshaya Tritiya 2022
The puja muhurat will begin at 05:39 am and end at 12:18 pm as per experts.
Akshaya Tritiya Puja Vidhi
To get the maximum benefits out of this auspicious day, you should perform puja at home as per Astro experts.
- Begin your day early in the morning by taking a bath.
- If possible you can take a holy dip in a sacred river.
- It is considered highly auspicious on this day.
- At home, in the puja corner, place a new idol of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi.
- Prepare a paste using sandalwood powder and rose water.
- Use this paste to apply tilak on the idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi.
- Start chanting the mantra for Lord Ganesh and Goddess Lakshmi.
- “Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha” is the basic mantra that means you are bowing down to Lord Ganesh with all your existence and asking him for his blessings.
- “Shreem” is the easiest mantra to please Goddess Lakshmi.
- The mantra means you are praying to the goddess for gain and prosperity in life.
- If you have purchase new gold or silver items on this auspicious day then place them in front of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi for their blessings.
- You can also take out the old ones and place them for puja for blessings.
- Prepare bhog at home using ingredients like milk, rice or dal.
- Offer this to the deities.
- Perform aarti at home with all the members of the family.
- Distribute prasad to all the members.
Performing Akshaya Tritiya puja at home brings health, wealth, and prosperity to the household.
The puja brings never-ending progress to the house and benefits all the members of the family.