The ministry of Road and Transport Highways (MORTH) on 4th March 2021 issue a notification which said that people will not be need to visit the RTO office for as many as 18 services.
The development comes after the Union government issued a draft notification for linking driving licence and RC with the 12-digit unique identity number assigned to every Indian citizen.
The Aadhaar-authentication based contactless service will provide convenient and hassle-free services to the citizens.
MORTH Said :
“Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online.
Now these services can be availed without going to RTO.
With Aadhaar authentication, on voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services,”
“This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle free, contact less manner.
This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase efficiency of the RTO offices as well,”.
The following services can now be availed :
- Learner’s licence
- Renewal of driving licence for which test of competence to drive is not require
- Duplicate driving licence
- Change of address in driving licence and certificate of registration
- Issue of international driving permit
- Surrender of class of vehicle from licence
- Application for temporary registration of motor vehicle
- Application for registration of motor vehicle with fully built body
- Application for issue of duplicate certificate of registration
- Application for grant of NOC for certificate of registration
- Notice of transfer of ownership of motor vehicle
- Application for transfer of ownership of motor vehicle
- Intimation of change of address in certificate of registration
- Application for registration for driver training from accredited driver training centre
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of diplomatic officer
- Application for assignment of fresh registration mark of motor vehicle of diplomatic officer
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement
Meanwhile, though MoRTH has allow Aadhaar-based authentication of 18 services, including renewal of driving licence, it can anyway be renew both online and offline.
For the former you need to visit Parivahan board website and for later it can be done by paying a visit to an RTO.
How Driving Licence can be Renewed online through Parivahan Board website
- Go to Parivahan board official website parivahan.gov.in.
- Select Driving license Related Services in Online Service section on second left tab on the portal.
- You will be direct to a new window, where you need to pick the name of the state
- A new page will open up.
- Click on apply online and then select Services on Driving License.
- You will receive instructions on how to fill in your application form.
- Read them thoroughly and click Next once you are done.
- Key in your birth date and current license number, pincode, and other details.
- You will go to Required Services, which will display only those services which are applicable to your existing driving licence.
- Select Renewal from the available options.
- Fill in any other relevant personal and/or vehicle-related details given in the form.
- Upload your photo and signature.
- Book a slot for your test if there are changes in your medical certificate.
- As you complete this process, you will be redirecte to an acknowledgement page where you will be able to view your application ID.
- You will also receive an SMS on your registered mobile number with all the details.
- You will also have to pay renewal charge.
- Make the payment and you are good to go.
THANK YOU FOR READING.