Durga Puja is a festival that is celebrate all over the India. Durga Puja is a festival where Goddess Durga is worship by her devotees. This festival is mainly celebrate by Bengalis.
Durga Puja coincides with Navratri.
This year in 2021 the festival will be celebrate from 11th October 2021 to 15th October 2021.
During Durga Puja these days people visit Durga Puja pandals to get the blessings of Goddess Durga.
Durga Puja atmosphere is festive and colourful and it is a celebration of the victory of good over evil.
Some interesting facts about Durga Puja :
- An important part of the Durga Puja celebrations is the Dhunuchi dance.
- This dance involves holding a Dhunuchi in their hands.
- This is fill with coconut husks and Dhuno which produces smoke.
- It is believe that the oldest celebration of Durga Puja took place in Kolkata about 300 years ago.
- The idol of Goddess Durga involves her stabbing Mahishasura while riding the lion.
- On the left is Goddess Saraswati with Karthika and on the right is Goddess Lakshmi with Ganesha.
- The whole structure or frame is call as a Chala.
- On the eighth day of the celebrations people come together to offer flowers to Goddess Durga as they consider her as their mother.
- This is known as Ashtami Pushpanjali.
- On Durga Puja married women visit puja pandals and play Holi with Sindoor.
- This ritual is known as Sindoor Khela and marks the last day of the celebrations.
THANK YOU FOR READING.