Instagram is often use links to ask their followers to go and visit their work online, promote other brands, or advertise products. Instagram offer the ‘Swipe Up’ option for adding links to Instagram Stories but it was recently replaced with Instagram Stickers.
The new feature enable users to add links anywhere in the Instagram Story.
This feature is no longer limited to just the bottom of the page.
Not all users on Instagram are allow to add links to their Instagram Stories.
Only those who have more than 10,000 followers on the social media platform or have a verified account, or represent an established brand are allow to add links to the Instagram Stories.
These limits have presumably been enforce by Instagram to prevent misinformation and the spread of wrongful links on the platform.
NOTE : It is important to reiterate that users must practice caution when sharing links with their audiences. Check on the link’s authenticity and ensure that it is not a phishing or a spam link.
How to Add Links to Instagram Stories?
Follow These Steps :
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Swipe left to upload an Instagram Story.
- Add your photo or video and edit it base on your preferences.
- Swipe up to open the editing tray and a Link option (a chain icon) should show up right next to Poll.
- Click on it.
- Paste the URL you want to share with your followers.
- A portion of the link will show up in the sticker on your story to make followers aware of it before clicking.
- You can move the sticker to any part of the Instagram Story.
- Share your story by clicking on the Share to option and make it live.
- The link will be clickable for all the people who view your Instagram Story.
THANK YOU FOR READING.