Passport address needs to be change you can do it from the Passport Seva portal. It lets you apply for a re-issue of your passport with the new address. If you’ve going to a new address or about to change your address.
After applying for re-issue to change your address then you’ll get your passport with a new number that will be registered for your updated address.
It is important to note that you need to keep a few of your documents ready that you will be required at the time of visiting your Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
- Applicants are advised to visit their jurisdictional passport office’s home page under Passport Office Page to know about additional documents required, if any.
- Applicants are required to furnish original documents along with one set of self-attested photocopies of the same at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) for processing.
- It is assumed that consent of both parents is available, unless specified.
- For minor applicants, present address proof document in the name of parent(s) can be submitted.
- It is advised to carry original and self-attested copies of parents passport to Passport Seva Kendra (PSK), in case parents possess passport.
- For minor applicants, documents can be attested by parents.
Fee is also required to be paid to apply for reissuing the passport.
It varies on the basis of the applicant’s age and the reason for re-issue.
Click here to check the exact amount of fee you need to pay by going to the Passport Seva portal.
How to change address in your passport online?
Follow These Steps :
- Visit the Passport Seva portal.
- Click on the New User Registration link.
- Enter your details.
- Select the passport office you can visit.
- Type the CAPTCHA characters.
- Click on the Register button.
- Log in to the Passport Seva portal with your registered login ID.
- Select Apply for Fresh Passport/ Reissue of Passport option from the Applicant Home webpage.
- Choose the second option from the list that has the Click here to fill the application form online option.
- Enter details like type of application and the type of passport booklet.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the View Saved/ Submitted Applications option.
- Click on the Pay and Schedule Appointment link to make the payment of the reissuance fee and schedule your appointment.
- Select Online Payment*.
- Hit the Next button.
- You’ll now to pick a PSK location.
- Print the application receipt.
- It can be use to receive the payment through Internet banking or credit or debit card.
- You can also use the Challan Payment option if you don’t have the online payment option ready.
When you’ll get the receipt then you need to visit the Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office where the appointment has been booked.
Dont forget to carry your original documents along with the application receipt.
You can also show the SMS message you received on your phone after taking the appointment online.
THANK YOU FOR READING.