UAN number is important when you join the Employees Provident Fund. Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) allows employers to generate their employees Universal Account Number (formaly known as UAN) by its portal.
You can also create their UAN online.
Users can look at there Employees Provident Fund (EPF) account once they have 12-digit UAN number ready.
It also lets you view your passbook and check the total amount you have in your EPF account.
- You need to keep your Aadhaar number ready.
- You also need to keep your mobile phone as you will get a one time password (OTP) as an SMS message there.
How to Create a Online UAN Number?
Follow These Steps :
- Visit the Member e-Sewa on the EPFO portal.
- Click on Active UAN in section of Important Links.
- Click on the Aadhaar option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number.
- Enter your name, date of birth, mobile number, and CAPTCHA code.
- Click the Get Authorization Pin button.
- You will now get a new screen where you will be provided with your given details.
- Click on the Agree checkbox.
- Enter the OTP you receive on your mobile.
- Click on Validate OTP and Activate UAN.
When process is completed you will receive your UAN number and password on your registered mobile number.
Lastly you can check whether the given details work by logging once to the EPFO portal.
THANK YOU FOR READING.