There are two types of vaccines that have given approval in India Covaxin and Covishield. If you want to find the nearest vaccination centre, eligible people can go to the CoWIN portal or the MapMyIndia site.
Both Covaxin and Covishield are being use in India as part of the current vaccination options.
Covaxin has developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech in association with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Institute of Virology (NIV).
Covishield has develope by the Oxford-AstraZeneca and is being manufacture by the Serum Institute of India (SII).
How to Find Nearest Covid-19 Vaccination Centre in CoWIN Portal?
Users can go CoWIN portal or the MapMyIndia site.
Follow These Steps :
- Go to cowin.gov.in.
- Scroll down on the home page and look for the section Find Your Nearest Vaccination Center.
- India’s map is shown in this section and you can zoom into your region to see the vaccination centres.
- Or tap on current location in the tab next to the map and press Go.
- You could also enter your pin code.
- The list will show you the name of the hospitals and vaccination centres near you.
- It gives you the full address of the centre and has a Get Direction button that opens up directions on how to get there on the MapMyIndia portal.
How to Find Nearest Covid-19 Vaccination Centre in MapMyIndia site?
Follow These Steps :
- Go to the MapmyIndia web portal or download the MapmyIndia Move app.
- When logged in press current location in the search box or enter your address or place name or eLoc of interest.
- eLoc is the 6-character digital address for any place across India a precise pin code representing the doorstep of any place.
- Click on Vaccination Centres option in the left menu.
- MapMyIndia will offer a list of options nearby and its distance from your location.
- The addresses are pinned on the map with an injection logo, which is registered vaccine centre.
- Click on Get Directions to get exact directions and real-time navigation to that vaccine centre.
COVID-19 positive cases are rising once again in India.
Vaccination drive has become more important than before.
The government is in the third phase of its vaccination drive and has approved shots for all citizens above the age of 45.
At private hospitals COVID-19 vaccine shot costs Rs. 250 but in government hospitals are offering it for free.
THANK YOU FOR READING.