The Government of India made compulsory for linking of PAN (Permanent Account Number) with Aadhaar.
It is compulsory to link Aadhaar card with PAN card for filing of income tax returns (ITR),
If failing to do so you may give penalty of Rs 10,000 and will also make the PAN card not working.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) had also states that all Indian citizens must link their PAN and Aadhaar card before the time limit.
Failing to do you are not be able to use your PAN cards for transactions such as opening a bank account or avail benefits from the governments like pension, scholarship, LPG subsidy and many more.
How to Link PAN Card and Aadhaar online
- Go to e-filing portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in of the I-T department.
- Go to Quick Links section.
- Click on Link Aadhaar on the left of your webpage.
- Enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number and other required details.
- Tick mark on the box only if your birth year is mention in your Aadhaar card.
- Tick mark “I agree to validate my Aadhar details with UIDAI,”.
- Enter the captcha code on your screen.
- Click on “Link Aadhaar” and submit.
How to Link PAN Card and Aadhaar via Mobile Phone
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161.
Make sure format should be like mention UIDPAN<12digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN>
You will be notified once the PAN-Aadhaar linking is done successfully.
THANK YOU FOR READING.