Vi lets you port your existing mobile number to its network using online and offline channel.
Jio allows you to get the delivery of your new SIM card through online and offline channels as well as using the MyJio app.
How to Port Your Existing Mobile Number to JIO.
Reliance Jio has emerged as one of the biggest telecom operators in India with nationwide 4G VoLTE connectivity.
The operator sells competitive prepaid and postpaid plans to attract customers.
It also offers benefits including Disney+ Hotstar VIP access and complimentary subscription to Jio apps.
Jio allows you to port your mobile number to both its prepaid and postpaid services and through online and offline channels.
You need to keep your original address and identity proof handy.
The proof could be your driving licence or any other legitimate address and identity document.
Jio provides doorstep delivery of the new SIM card, though you also have the option to visit a nearby Jio Store or Jio Retailer with your mobile phone to get porting done.
You can also use the MyJio app on your phone to book the delivery of the new SIM.
The Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process takes up to 48 hours in case of an intra-circle port.
If you’re changing your telecom circle, it may take up to four days.
The porting process is expect to take 15 days for Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, and customers in North East India.
How to Port your Mobile number to Jio Online
Follow These Steps :
- Visit the Jio site and enter your full name and 10-digit mobile number.
- Now, hit the Generate OTP button.
- This will send a six-digit one-time password (OTP) to your mobile number in the form of a text message.
- You need to enter the number and validate the OTP by clicking on the Validate OTP button.
- The site will now take you to a screen where you’ll be ask to provide your address details.
- It will ask you to provide your locality, PIN code, flat/ house number, and landmark.
- You’ll now see a Confirm button that you need to click to submit your SIM delivery request.
Jio executive will then call you to get an appointment for the delivery of the new SIM.
You need to ask them for the MNP facility on the call and generate a Unique Porting Code (UPC) from your mobile phone by sending an SMS message.
Type “Port” followed by your 10-digit mobile number and send it to 1900.
The code you will get in response is only valid for four days (30 days in case of Jammu and Kashmir).
You’ll need to share that code along with your address and ID proof with the executive visiting your place.
How to Port your Mobile number to Jio using MyJio App
If you don’t want to use the Jio site and have the MyJio app already installed on your phone, you can book the delivery of the new SIM from the app as well.
Follow These Steps :
- Go to the MyJio app and then tap Not a Jio user? option that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- This will appear if you’ve not logged in with a Jio number or have logged out.
- You’ll now see a pop-up with an option Port-in to Jio.
- Tap that option.
- The app will now bring a form that will ask you to enter your full name and 10-digit mobile number.
- Once you have entered the name and mobile number,
- Tap the Generate OTP button.
- A form will now appear asking for your delivery location details, including your locality, pin code, and house number.
- Tap on the Confirm button after you’ve entered the location details.
You’ll get a call from a Jio executive asking for your address to deliver the new SIM.
You need to ask them for the MNP facility and specify whether you need a Jio prepaid or postpaid connection.
How to Port your Mobile number to Jio Offline
In case you don’t want to proceed with the online steps or use the MyJio app, you can port your mobile number to Jio offline as well.
Follow These Steps :
- Generate UPC by sending an SMS message “Port” followed by your mobile number to 1900.
- You’ll get an SMS message from 1901 with the UPC code and its expiry date.
- Now, visit your nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer with the UPC code and your address and identity proof.
NOTE : You need to clear all your pending dues with your current operator if you have a postpaid connection. In case of shifting from a prepaid connection, you must be aware that your balance will not be carried forward to Jio and will be forfeited once you port your number.
How to Port Your Existing Mobile Number to Vi (Vodafone Idea)
Vi (Vodafone Idea) is the third largest operator in India with a nationwide presence.
Vi offers cellular network services in 2G, 3G, and 4G VoLTE.
The operator also provides value-added services including a weekend data rollover offer to let customers carry forward their unused data to the weekend.
There is a range of prepaid and postpaid plans by Vi aligning with those of Airtel and Reliance Jio.
Vi allows you to port your mobile number from your existing network to Vi using the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) facility.
It is available for both prepaid and postpaid mobile users.
Vi is allowing MNP facility through both online and offline channels.
In case the online channel has been opt, the operator will also provide doorstep delivery of the new SIM.
How to Port your Mobile number to Vi Prepaid
Vi has provided a dedicated webpage on its site from where you can port your mobile number.
You can go through the following steps to request for a new Vi prepaid SIM connection and switch your network.
You’ll also see how to port your mobile number to Vi postpaid in the next section.
Follow These Steps :
- Visit the Vi MNP webpage.
- The page will open a simple form where you have to enter your mobile number and PIN code.
- Scroll down a little to select from the available prepaid and postpaid plans.
- After you have selected a plan, hit the complete your order button.
- This will refresh the screen with additional details.
- You’ll then see a section asking for the address where you want to get your new SIM delivered.
- Click on the proceed to checkout button after filling in your address.
- Vi will now show you a new page with payment details.
- You will be ask to make a payment against your selected prepaid pack.
- Enter the details, read them carefully, and then click on the pay button on the right.
- This will take you to a payment gateway to complete the payment.
Once as paid, you’ll get a confirmation screen and Vi will initiate the delivery of your SIM connection.
A Vi executive will visit the given address to deliver your SIM card.
The person will ask you to generate a Unique Porting Code (UPC) by sending an SMS message with the text “Port” followed by your 10-digit mobile number to 1900 from your mobile.
You will have to provide the code you receive to the Vi executive.
The executive will also ask you to show your address and identity proof to complete the porting process before handing over the new SIM.
It will take 48 hours for the new SIM to get activate in case of intra-circle porting or up to four days in case of inter-circle porting.
If you’re in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, or North East service area, the process may take up to 15 working days.
How to Port your Mobile number to Vi Postpaid
The same MNP webpage that lets you port your existing network to Vi prepaid can be access to switch to its postpaid connection.
Follow These Steps :
- Visit the Vi webpage and enter your mobile number and PIN code there.
- Scroll down to choose from the available postpaid plans.
- Pick an appropriate plan and click on the Get Plan button available at the bottom of your preferable plan.
- Now, press the complete your order button.
- This will refresh the webpage.
- The new page will ask you to provide your address and full name.
- This will be use for delivering the new SIM connection.
- Once done, click on the get OTP button.
- A pop-up window will now appear on the screen to let you enter the four-digit OTP that you’ve received on your existing mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to initiate the delivery of your new SIM connection.
Just like with porting to a VI prepaid connection, you’ll be require to generate a UPC that you need to provide to the Vi executive delivering you the SIM connection.
You will also need to furnish your address and identity proof to the executive to complete porting from your end.
The time it takes to get your number port to a postpaid connection is the same as prepaid mentioned above.
You can also visit a Vi Store or an authorised retailer to get porting done offline.
You can find your nearest Vi Store from the operator’s site.
You’ll be require carry your Id and address proof when visiting the store and generate a UPC code to port your number to a Vi connection.
THANK YOU FOR READING.
For more Articles, visit our DO YOU KNOW section.