Skincare : Protect Your Skin & Hair From Holi Colours
Table of Contents hide
3 How to Protect Your Skin & Hair From Holi Colours?
Holi is celebrated with dry colours and buckets of water but today it comes with splashes of synthetic chemicals.
If you do use organic colours you still need to protect your skin so that it does not get damaged from sun, dust and pollution.
The importance of keeping yourself hydrated at all times.
- Re-hydrating your body is very important as re-hydrating your skin.
- Drinking plenty of water helps you to flush out the toxic chemicals.
- This will help you in youthful and clear skin.
How to Protect Your Skin & Hair From Holi Colours?
- While playing holi constant you have to the sun.
- The risk of tanning increases.
- To avoid tanning you can apply waterproof sunscreen moisturiser as it can protect your skin.
- The very first thing you need to do before playing Holi is to apply almond oil on your entire body.
- As almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E.
- It provides nourishment to skin and acts as a protective layer between the skin and the colours.
- It is better to wash your hair a day before Holi celebration day.
- Apply a layer of coconut oil on your hair and roots as it will prevent it from getting dry and frizzy.
- You can use petroleum jelly on your lips as its texture is thick and will work for a longer period of time.
- Also you can apply petroleum jelly on the neck, back of ears and between fingers.
What to do after Holi Celebration?
Now you want is to get rid of all that colour as soon as possible.
While cleaning you have to be gentle with your skin.
Hard cleansing can irritate the skin and cause fine particles of the colours to deep into the skin.
Also you can follow these steps :
- When you reach home after playing holi the first thing you should do is cleanse.
- Use a good quality cleanser.
- You can use natural mild cleanser & make sure you wash colour & dirt.
- The 2nd step is to wash for deep cleansing and removing the dead skin cells.
- You can use is a mix of coconut oil and sugar.
- While rubbing you face make sure to be gentle on the skin & not to overdo it.
- Rub ice in a thin cloth over your skin and reduce redness and burns.
- After all clean and done then do not forget to moisturise your skin well with a good hydrating moisturiser.
- Apply a moisturiser that suits your skin.
Avoid makeup and parlour outing
- As you’ve cleared your skin of all the toxic chemicals so avoid makeup or any parlour sessions for at least a day or two.
- Let your skin breathe and feel free before you apply another round of chemicals onto it.
WARNING : If the problem isn’t solved by lifestyle changes alone then don’t hesitate to consult a doctor as this article is for knowledge base.
THANK YOU FOR READING.