CoviSelf the home Covid testing kit will be available in India from next week onwards. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) allowed the use of CoviSelf the home testing kit manufactured by Mylab Discovery Solutions.
Price in India
CoviSelf price set in India at Rs 250.
CoviSelf will be available at the retail chemists across India
How CoviSelf Work?
CoviSelf kit detects protein antigen from SARS-CoV-2 in nasal swab samples from individuals with or without symptoms of Covid-19, and will be available at the retail chemists across India.
Mylab Discovery Solutions current production capacity is 70 lakh tests per week and this is expect to expand to upto 1 crore tests per week in the next two weeks.
CoviSelf home testing kit is expect to ease the pressure on overburdened test labs and also reduce the gap in testing and results.
Samples don’t have to be collect by a healthcare professional for CoviSelf.
How to use CoviSelf?
Follow These Steps :
- CoviSelf test kit comes with an instruction manual along with a pre-filled extraction tube, sterile nasal swab, a test card and a biohazard bag.
- Before conducting the test first downloading the CoviSelf app from Google Play store is recommended according to the video release by the company.
- The application will require the user to fill the credentials such as name, age, address and government identification number.
- The report will be generate and downloaded through the application.
- If both Control Line C and the Test Line T appears in the cartridge.
- The presence of novel coronavirus antigen is confirm and the result is positive.
The test is advised only in symptomatic individuals and immediate contacts of laboratory confirmed positive cases according to the ICMR advisory.
As per guidelines “Indiscriminate testing is not advised,”.
THANK YOU FOR READING.