How to Use Signal
How to use Signal on your laptop or PC?
Signal is becoming popular as an instant messaging alternative to WhatsApp.
It lets you send and receive text messages as well as make and receive voice and video calls.
Signal also offers privacy features such as disappearing messages, screen security, and registration lock.
Using Signal on a laptop or PC is slightly different than using WhatsApp Web.
Signal does not have a Web client and is limit to a desktop app.
This means that you can’t access your messages on Signal using a Web browser.
You will need to download and install its native app on your laptop or PC.
Signal’s desktop app is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms.
It requires at least 64-bit Windows 7, macOS 10.10, or 64-bit Linux distributions supporting APT, such as Ubuntu or Debian.
How to use Signal on your Laptop or PC
Follow These Steps :
- Download Signal Desktop from its website.
- Install the downloaded Signal Desktop on your machine.
- You can follow prompts from the install file to download the app on your Windows laptop or PC.
- If it’s running on macOS, you will need to move Signal to your Applications folder.
- Linux users need to follow on-screen instructions to configure the Signal repository and install its package.
- When install, link Signal Desktop with your phone by scanning the QR code available on your laptop or PC screen.
- For scanning the QR code, you need to go to Signal Settings > tap on Linked Devices and then tap the plus (+) sign on your Android phone or Link New Device on iPhone.
- You can now choose a name for your Linked Device on your phone.
- Click the Finish button.
Once after the above steps are taken, your Signal account will be synced between your phone and your laptop or PC.
You’ll start getting messages on the Signal desktop app.
THANK YOU FOR READING.