Our lives depend heavily on the internet. When it comes to matters of money transfers and other online payment methods such as Google Pay, Paytm, UPI, PhonePe and others what happens if you’re in the middle of a transaction and all of a sudden your internet connection stops.
The *99# service was introduced in India for all mobile phone users including non-smartphone users by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in November of 2012.
This code *99# acts as an emergency feature that they can use if they do not have internet, for feature phone users, this is the only method of conducting UPI transactions.
As the need for digital banking grew over the years so did the ambit of regulatory and trade bodies approving digital banking as a legitimate and necessary resource.
In August of 2014 it was taken under the ambit of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna scheme.
It was only later in 2016 that the NCPI launch the UPI system.
How can easily make UPI payments without an Internet Connection?
You need to download the BHIM app and complete the one-time registration process.
By doing this then you will be able to do offline UPI transfers.
You just need to make sure that you connect the right SIM card and phone number with your appropriate bank account.
Follow These Steps :
- Open the dial pad on your phone and type in (*99#).
- This will take you to a new menu that consists of seven options.
- The menus will list such options as ‘Send Money’, ‘Receive Money’, ‘Check Balance’, ‘My Profile’, ‘Pending Requests’, ‘Transactions’ and ‘UPI PIN’.
- What you need to do next is select the option ‘Send Money’ by pressing number 1 on your dial pad.
- This will then enable you to send money using just your phone number, UPI ID or your account number and IFSC code.
- List of payment methods you need to choose one, if you choose the phone number option, then you need to enter the mobile number of the individual to whom you wish to send the money.
- If you select the UPI ID option then you need to enter the other person’s UPI ID.
- The process applies to the bank account option where you have to input the 11-digit IFSC code and then the beneficiary’s bank account number.
- You need to enter the amount that you wish to transfer to the other person.
- The last step requires you to input your own UPI Pin number which could be six or four digits long.
- Then you just need to press ‘send’.
- When it gets transfer you will receive a transaction status update on your phone along with a reference ID.
- If it was a successful transaction you will be ask if you want to save this person as a beneficiary for future transactions.
THANK YOU FOR READING.