World Cricket is gearing up for the biggest T20I tournament which is scheduled to start from 17th October 2021 in the United Arab Emirates. As per the ICC rules all teams can name a 15-member squad and 3 reserves.
The last date of submission is 10th September 2021.
Boards are also allowed to make changes in the squad till 10th October 2021.
ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Groups And Team List :
International Cricket Council (ICC) has decided that 12 teams will be competing in the Super 12 round of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021.
8 teams have already been final for the Super12 stage of the T20 World Cup 2021.
The remaining 4 teams will be selected in the qualifier stage of T20 World Cup 2021 which will take place from 17th October 2021 to 22nd October 2021.
In the Top 8 already qualified teams in Group 1 consists of England, Australia, West Indies, and South Africa. And in Group 2 consists of India, Pakistan, New Zealand, and Afghanistan.
ICC Men’s Cricket T20 World Cup 2021 Stage and Groups :
- Round 1 : Group A- Sri Lanka, Ireland, Netherlands and Namibia
- Round 1 : Group B- Bangladesh, Scotland, Papua New Guinea and Oman
- Super 12s : Group 1- England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, A1 and B2
- Super 12s : Group 2- India, Pakistan, New Zealand, Afghanistan, A2 and B
Virat Kohli-led India will be entering the tournament as one of the favorites to win the world cup.
India is place in the Group B of the tournament alongside Pakistan, New Zealand, and Afghanistan.
And India will be starting their campaign in the high-voltage battle against arch-rivals Pakistan.
India Squad :
- Virat Kohli (c),
- Rohit Sharma,
- KL Rahul,
- Suryakumar Yadav,
- Rishabh Pant (wk),
- Ishan Kishan (wk),
- Hardik Pandya,
- Ravindra Jadeja,
- Rahul Chahar,
- Ravichandran Ashwin,
- Axar Patel,
- Varun Chakravarthy,
- Jasprit Bumrah,
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar,
- Mohammad Shami.
Stand-by : Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur
Complete Schedule of India for ICC T20 World Cup 2021 :
- 24th October 2021 India vs Pakistan, 7:30 PM in Dubai
- 31st October 2021 India vs New Zealand, 7:30 PM in Dubai
- 3rd November 2021 India vs Afghanistan, 7:30 PM in Abu Dhabi
- 5th November 2021 India vs B1, 7:30 PM in Dubai
- 8th November 2021 India vs A2, 7:30 PM in Dubai
Pakistan squad : Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan, Asif Ali, Azam Khan, Haris Rauf, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim , Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Wasim, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Sohaib Maqsood.
Stand-by : Fakhar Zaman, S Dahani, Usman Qadir
Australia squad : Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa
Stand-by : D Chritian, N Ellis, D Sams
New Zealand squad : Kane Williamson (c), Todd Astle, Trent Boult, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Kyle Jamieson, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Tim Seifert (wk), Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Adam Milne (injury cover).
Bangladesh squad : Mahmud Ullah (Captain), Naim Sheikh, Soumya Sarkar, Litton Kumer Das, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Afif Hossain, Nurul Hasan Sohan, Shak Mahedi Hasan, Nasum Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam, Taskin Ahmed, Shaif Uddin, Shamim Hossain
Stand-by : Rubel Hossain, Aminul Islam Biplob
Oman squad : Zeeshan Maqsood (c), Aqib Ilyas, Jatinder Singh, Khawar Ali, Mohammad Nadeem, Ayaan Khan, Suraj Kumar, Sandeep Goud, Nester Dhamba, Kaleemullah, Bilal Khan, Naseem Khushi, Sufyan Mehmood, Fayyaz Butt, Khurram Khan
PNG squad : Assad Vala (c), Charles Amini, Lega Siaka, Norman Vanua, Nosaina Pokana, Kipling Doriga, Tony Ura, Hiri Hiri, Gaudi Toka, Sese Bau, Damien Ravu, Kabua Vagi-Morea, Simon Atai, Jason Kila, Chad Soper, Jack Gardner.
West Indies’s squad : Kieron Pollard (captain), Nicholas Pooran, Fabian Allen, Dwayne Bravo, Roston Chase, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Shimron Hetmyer, Evin Lewis, Obed McCoy, Lendl Simmons, Ravi Rampaul, Andre Russell, Oshane Thomas, Hayden Walsh Jr.
Stand-by : Darren Bravo, Sheldon Cottrell, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein.
South Africa’s squad : Temba Bavuma (captain), Keshav Maharaj, Quinton de Kock (wicketkeeper), Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Wiaan Mulder, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen.
Stand-by : George Linde, Andile Phehlukwayo, Lizaad Williams
England’s squad : Eoin Morgan, Moeen Ali, Jonathan Bairstow, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Tymal Mills, Adil Rashid, Jason Roy, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.
Stand-by : Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, James Vince
Afghanistan’s squad : Mohammad Nabi (captain), Rashid Khan, Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (WK), Asghar Afghan, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Najibullah Zadran, Usman Ghani, Mohammad Shahzad (WK), Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Karim Janat, Gulbadin Naib, Naveen-ul-Haq, Hamid Hassan, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Dawlat Zadran, Shapoor Zadran, Qais Ahmad.
Stand-by : Afsar Zazai and Farid Ahmad Malik.
Sri Lanka squad: Dasun Shanaka (c), Dhananjaya De Silva, Kusal Perera, Dinesh Chandimal, Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Kamindu Mendis, Minod Bhanuka, Ramesh Mendis, Chamika Karunaratne, Nuwan Pradeep, Binura Fernando, Dushmantha Chameera, Akhila Dananjaya, Praveen Jayawickrama, Lahiru Kumara, Lahiru Madushanka, Pulina Tharanga, Maheesh Theekshana.
Ireland squad : Andrew Balbirnie (c), Paul Stirling, Barry McCarthy, Kevin O’Brien, Curtis Campher, Mark Adair, George Dockrell, Gareth Delany, Shane Getkate, Graham Kennedy, Andrew McBrine, Neil Rock, Josh Little, Simi Singh, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Craig Young, Ben White.
Netherlands squad : Pieter Seelaar, Philippe Bossievain, Roelof van der Merwe, Tobias Visee, Scott Edwards, Colin Ackermann, Paul van Meekeren, Ryan ten Doeschate, Fred Klaassen, Tonny Staal, Brandon Glover, Max O Dowd, Ben Cooper, Shane Snater, Timm van der Gugten.
Namibia squad : Gerhard Erasmus (captain), JJ Smit (vice-captain), Jan Frylinck, Karl Birkenstock, Ben Shikongo, Bernard Scholtz, Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Craig Williams, Michael van Lingen, Stephen Baard, Ruben Trumpelmann, Zane Green (wk), David Wiese, Picky Ya France, Michau du Preez (wk). Reserve: Mauritius Ngupita.
Scotland squad : Kyle Coetzer (c), Richard Berrington (vc), Dylan Budge, Matthew Cross (wk), Josh Davey, Alasdair Evans, Chris Greaves, Oli Hairs, Michael Leask, Calum Macleod, George Munsey, Safyaan Sharif, Chris Sole, Hamza Tahir, Craig Wallace (wk), Mark Watt, Brad Wheal.
ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Complete Schedule :
- Oman v Papua New Guinea, Muscat (14h00)
- Bangladesh v Scotland, Muscat (18h00)
- Ireland v Netherlands, Abu Dhabi (14h00)
- Sri Lanka v Namibia, Abu Dhabi (18h00)
- Scotland v PNG, Muscat (14h00)
- Oman v Bangladesh, Muscat (18h00)
- Namibia v Netherlands, Abu Dhabi (14h00)
- Sri Lanka v Ireland, Abu Dhabi (18h00)
- Bangladesh v Papua New Guinea, Muscat (14h00)
- Oman v Scotland, Muscat (18h00)
- Namibia v Ireland, Sharjah (14h00)
- Sri Lanka v Netherlands, Sharjah (18h00)
- Australia v South Africa, Abu Dhabi (14h00)
- England v West Indies, Dubai (18h00)
- A1 v B2, Sharjah (14h00)
- India v Pakistan, Dubai (18h00)
- Afghanistan v B1, Sharjah (18h00)
- South Africa v West Indies, Dubai (14h00)
- Pakistan v New Zealand, Sharjah (18h00)
- England v B2, Abu Dhabi (14h00)
- B1 v A2, Abu Dhabi (18h00)
- Australia v A1, Dubai (18h00)
- West Indies v B2, Sharjah (14h00)
- Pakistan v Afghanistan, Dubai (18h00)
- South Africa v A1, Sharjah (14h00);
- Australia v England, Dubai (18h00)
- Afghanistan v A2, Abu Dhabi (14h00)
- India v New Zealand, Dubai (18h00)
- England v A1, Sharjah (18h00)
- South Africa v B2, Abu Dhabi (14h00)
- Pakistan v A2, Abu Dhabi (18h00)
- New Zealand v B1, Dubai (14h00)
- India v Afghanistan, Abu Dhabi (18h00)
- Australia v B2, Dubai (14h00)
- West indies v A1, Abu Dhabi (18h00)
- New Zealand v A2, Sharjah (14h00)
- India v B1, Dubai (18h00)
- Australia v West Indies, Abu Dhabi (14h00)
- England v South Africa, Sharjah (18h00)
- New Zealand v Afghanistan, Abu Dhabi (14h00)
- Pakistan v B1, Sharjah (18h00)
- India v A2, Dubai (18h00)
- Semi-final 1 (A1 v B2), Abu Dhabi (18h00)
- Semi-final 2 (B1 v A2), Dubai (18h00)
- Final, Dubai (18h00)
ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Tickets :
There has been no confirmation made whether the spectators will be allow to enter the stadium to watch the games live or not.
So reports have emerged that the UAE government had a detailed discussion with Emirates Cricket Board and they will allow 60% of capacity inside the stadium.
THANK YOU FOR READING.