Spotify on Friday announce that both its Premium and free tier subscribers can now use the music streaming service with Alexa on Amazon Echo devices in India.
The Swedish company also detail several Alexa voice commands that its users can utilise, from playing playlists to podcasts.
While for now Alexa support is limited to Amazon Echo devices, Spotify says it will soon be available on other Alexa-enabled devices, including Fire TV models and mobile devices.
How To Set Up Spotify on Amazon Alexa
Users will need to go to their Alexa app, and visit Settings > Music > Link New Service and then select Spotify.
Users will then have to key in their Spotify username and password.
If users would like to make Spotify their default music service on the Amazon Echo device, they can also enable Default Services.
Once the user has linked their Spotify account with Alexa, they can use the Spotify app to play content on their Alexa devices by saying “Alexa, Spotify connect”, thereby making the Alexa device discoverable in the music streaming app.
Users can look for Devices Available on the now playing screen of the Spotify app, and then select the Echo device they want to listen on.
Spotify had originally added support for Amazon Echo devices back in 2016, but only for premium subscribers and in select markets.
The streaming service’s free tier users also got access to Alexa-enabled devices in November 2019, but the same was restricted to select markets.
Spotify is also already available on Fire TV Stick dongles.
Spotify signed a deal with Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment to bring an original slate of narrative scripted podcasts to the streaming service.
The Swedish company which competes with Apple Music said that 19 percent of its total monthly active users listen to podcasts, and that it has over 1 million podcasts on its platform.
Spotify detailed a bunch of voice commands users can utilise to control the music streaming service on an Amazon Echo device.
These are as Follows :
- Say “Alexa, play my Daily Mix 2 on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play Bollywood songs on Spotify”
- Say “Alexa, play Sonu Nigam Classic on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play my RRD playlist from Spotify”
- “Alexa, play TIRANGA songs on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play DIL BECHARA songs on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play VANDE MATRAM on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play KUMAR SANU songs on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play UNNAO RADIO on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play JAZZ tracks on Spotify”
- “Alexa, set alarm for 5 AM with meditation music on Spotify”
- “Alexa, Spotify Connect on RRD’s Echo”
- “Alexa, Spotify connect” and then select the Podcast on the Spotify app. It will play on the connected Echo device.
THANK YOU FOR READING.