The objective of this BLOG is to provide safety guidelines for new normal working pattern continuity post( Lockdown) May 03, 2020 or appropriate dates as notified by Govt of India and or respective State government.
In this global pandemic, individuals and organizations have been forced to adopt new ways of living and working to adapt new behaviors :
“ the new normal”.
It is hence important for every individual and for organizations to respond and behave responsibly in this situation. “Change brings opportunity”
I believe this is an opportunity for us to rise up to the situation and continue to serve our Nation . By working together and supporting one another, we will come through this stronger.
i have prepared certain guidelines keeping in mind your safety , continuation of operations after the lockdown period due to Covid-19, and abiding the directions of the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
Following guidelines will ensure that the chain of corona spread is effectively broken and normal operations may be resumed safely. All precautionary measures need to be followed across all departments to ensure safety and security.
Zone wise Scenario based approach -post COVID19 Lockdown
Red Zone: Lockdown may continue impacting Daily work
- Complete lockdown of the city / business district of the city.
- No travel allowed.
- Doctors, Hospitals working for medical requirements only.
Orange Zone: Daily work with high safety precautions
- Limited movement allowed in a city / district only and some parts still under quarantine. No inter district travel allowed.
- Only Personal Conveyance can be used.
- Doctors, Hospital are working.
Green Zone : Daily work with safety precautions
- No restrictions of movement by Govt in across City / district / state.
- Local conveyance and travel is possible without any significant disruption.
- Doctors, Hospitals are working and may be accessible with some conditions of safety.
- Awareness on COVID 19 disease and spread
- Use self Transport
- Sanitize Hands at regular intervals
- Maintain respiratory Hygiene
- Wear masks at all times on field
- Make time for exercise and mediation.
- Consume home cooked meals
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap & water
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and others
- Wear homemade / re-usable masks while moving out of your premises
- Avoid going to crowded places
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Maintain respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the used tissue immediately and wash your hands
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention
- No handshake or hugging. Instead try the traditional “Namaste” to greet
Protect others in community
- Arogya Setu App to be downloaded by self & family.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Avoid touching surfaces at doctor clinics ,offices of stockiest and chemist.
- If you have any symptoms of cough, fever , headache lack of smell, get yourself tested.
- Follow Government guidelines
- Support business continuity – • Support patients and doctors by ensuring the availability of medicines in the market.
At Home –
- Clean your home & Bike/Car regularly
- Eat and Carry Home cooked food while working.
- Wash your hands regularly with Soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Don’t touch your mask.
- Maintain social distancing Sanitize your hand & Bike/Car
Mental and Emotional Well-Being
- Stay connected with family, friends and colleagues
- Do not follow sensational news or social media posts which may impact your mental state.
- Do not discuss sickness and deaths. This is no match of cricket to keep track of scores
- Indulge in healthy lifestyle through online Yoga / Fitness sessions. As there are no medications for COVID-19 as of now, it is recommended to take preventive measures to boost immunity. You can refer to “Ministry of AYUSH” guidelines.
- If you happen to get infected with Corona, remember most people get better. Do not panic.
- Attend informative webinars on “Covid Awareness” conducted by International authorities like WHO and Red Cross along with your family
WASH HANDS FREQUENTLY
Wash hands with soap and water. Make sure to clean it for 20 seconds at the least,please carry a water bottle, soap and a towel for hand wash, Always Use face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer.
PRACTICE FOOD SAFETY
Eat well cooked meals .Wash your hands between handling raw and cooked food.
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
of at least 6 feet at workplace. Avoid casual meetings. Avoid persons who show signs of COVID 19, likewise respect if others are worried and would not like to meet you. Avoid work at any place where you are worried of your safety in context of social distancing.
CLEAN HANDS WITH SANITIZER AFTER TOUCHING SURFACES
Door knobs/handles, partitions in clinics, chemists front cabinets, bag, bike handles etc.
WEAR FACE MASKS AT ALL TIMES ON FIELD
Carry an extra mask .As you may need to change your face mask twice in a day Wear a lean mask always. You need not have a surgical mask Home made masks are easy to make and available
PROTECTYOURSELF AND OTHERS FROM GETTING SICK
Hold a handkerchief in front of your mouth and nose while you cough or sneesze If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
Ensure you are updated of the status of geographies around your residence. Please download the Govt of India, app of “Aarogya Setu” and track your safety status continuously and of your colleagues if you are in joint field work.
Checklist to ensure your safety
- Wear disposable / washable multilayer face mask & gloves.
- Carry IPA based hand sanitizer and use it frequently. Carry Liquid Soap in your Bag, if possible.
- Wear full- sleeved shirt, trouser and closed shoes.
- Carry your own pen and do not use / share pen with others.
- Avoid contact of uncovered hands to any surface, use feet, elbows, pens instead.
- Keep things like key, sanitizer, pen, mobile in a box outside the door and use a tissue and sanitizer to wipe them before using them back at home.
- Keep Shoes outside home if possible.
- Dispose the used mask – in a proper dustbin.
- Avoid touching anything at your home sanitizing your hands / before taking bath
- Take a warm water head bath, thoroughly rinse yourself with soap; at least TWICE.
- Dip your CLOTHES and your TOWEL in warm ( > 25* C) Soap Water for 10-15 minutes and Wash them separate of other clothes, dry your clothes in sunlight.
Guidelines and FAQs
Q1: How do I know which zone is Red/Green/Orange etc.?
Ans: Local guidelines are issued from time to time and Apps such as AAROGYA SETU help in knowing the zones in real time.
Q2: Use of Handshakes?
Ans: Use “Namaste” greetings instead of handshakes.
Q3: Coffee Breaks / Lunch /Restaurants visits during work?
Ans: Avoid having Coffee / Lunch breaks in crowded places, as advised maintain social distancing in any place you visit
Q1: How should i travel ?
Ans: Ideally all should travel individually in their own mode, however if travelling in car then passengers / driver should be seated one per row and Diagonally Opposite.
Q2: Should we travel Outstation?
Ans: As a general suggestion I advise to do not travel until end of May to avoid night stay in a hotel / guest house.
Doctor Calls Related:
• Do NOT try to force a call to a Doctor, have patience, seek his consent before walking in.
• Follow all guidelines that he has for his Clinic, thank him for ensuring your safety.
Q1: What should I do if the Hospital or clinic does not permit entry?
Ans: If the hospital or clinics do not allow entry to meet the doctors, kindly move away from the said premises and arrange to try and meet the doctor or the hospital staff another day.
Q2: What other precautions should we take while meeting the doctors?
Ans: Ensure maintaining social distancing and safety at all times. Avoid making calls in wards /OPD / Procedure rooms etc. Meet Doctors in their chambers / designated meeting places.
USE HAND GLOVES, MASKS
AVOID PUBLIC GATHERING
KEEP MONITORING BODY TEMP
SAFETY OF FAMILY MEMBERS
AAROGYA SETU APP
STAY SAFE | STAY PROTECTED | YOUR HEALTH IS WEALTH
THANK YOU FOR READING.