India is the land of mysteries and unbelievable wonders which some are known and some are not. One such interesting fact is that our country is home to one of the cleanest rivers in the world.
The Jal Shakti Ministry declare the Umngot river in Meghalaya as the cleanest in the country.
Jal Shakti ministry share a image on Twitter of the crystal-clear river.
Ministry Said :
One of the cleanest rivers in the world. It is in India. River Umngot, 100 Kms from Shillong, in Meghalaya state. It seems as if the boat is in air; water is so clean and transparent. Wish all our rivers were as clean. Hats off to the people of Meghalaya. pic.twitter.com/pvVsSdrGQE— Ministry of Jal Shakti 🇮🇳 #AmritMahotsav (@MoJSDoWRRDGR) November 16, 2021
Interesting Facts about Umngot River
- Umngot River popularly known as Dawki river.
- River Umngot is 100 kilometre from Shillong in Meghalaya.
- You can also see the greenery at the bottom of the boat floating on the crystal-clear river in the image.
- The boat appears to be flying mid-air instead of floating on water in the photo share by the ministry.
- The Minister thanked the people of the state for keeping their rivers clean.
- Umngot flows in Mawlynnong village, close to India’s border with Bangladesh, which is as “Asia’s Cleanest Village”.
- The river acts as a natural divide between Jaintia and Khasi hills, before finally flowing into Bangladesh.
THANK YOU FOR READING.