The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) release BCCI’s bio-secure protocols for Indian Premier League (VIVO IPL) 2021 which start from April 9.
The BCCI has made it clear that those players who will be coming directly from the India-England bubble will not be force into quarantine and will be allow to join their respective franchises immediately without having the need to undergo quarantine or even clear extra RT-PCR Tests.
If chartered flights are use by players then all protocols for crew members must be follow.
If the travel arrangements are satisfy by the BCCI Chief Medical Officer then such players will directly enter the franchise team Bubble without the need to go for a quarantine period or RT-PCR test.
Total 12 Bubbles will be create :
- Eight Bubbles will include franchise teams and support staff,
- Two Bubbles will be for match officials and match management teams,
- Two more Bubbles are for broadcast commentators and crew.
BCCI’s officials and operations teams will not be part of any Bubble and as the BCCI officials cannot interact in person with any player, team support staff, match management teams and broadcast crews.
Protocols that have been issue by BCCI for VIVO IPL 2021 :
- Bubble-to-Bubble transfer rules will apply for all players as long as they are flying by chartered flights.
- BCCI will appoint up to four security staff with each franchise team who will be the designated Bubble integrity managers.
- Bubble integrity managers will travel with the team for entire VIVO IPL 2021.
- Bubble integrity managers job will be to report any Bio-secure Environment protocol breaches by members of the franchise team to the BCCI Chief Medical Officer.
- The vaccination program against COVID-19 is underway in India and vaccines are currently being given to at-risk population like front-line workers, health care professionals, people over the age of 60 years and those between the ages of 45-59 years who have issues like cardiac ailments, diabetes, cancer, etc.
- Until unless most of the population is vaccinated and immune to the virus, precautions will need to be taken to spread of COVID-19 in the community.
- New scientific study of cricket balls as potential vectors of the novel coronavirus show the risk of transmission to be very low.
- If the cricket ball goes in the stands or outside the stadium then 4th umpire will provide a replacement from the other cricket balls.
- The previous ball when returne will be sanitize with alcohol-based by the 4th umpire and placed in the ball box.
- The application of saliva is still not allow.
- The passengers arriving from the UK, Middle East, South Africa, Brazil, and Europe will be require to undergo 7-day quarantine at their own cost if travelling to Mumbai.
- Those entering Chennai will be require to submit an e-pass issued by the Tamil Nadu government.
THANK YOU FOR READING.