Aadhaar Card, a 12-digit number issue by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a unique number that serves as residential proof as well as identification proof for every Indian across the country.
It has become one of the most important documents that every citizen must have as it is used for verifying identity and address for various purposes, including the government schemes.
There are also chances that a your Aadhaar data can be misuse, leading to further complications and data leaks.
In recent times, the potential for Aadhaar misuse has also increase, so making it crucial for all to remain vigilant about misuse of their Aadhaar cards.
UIDAI has also offer a valuable tool that can help individuals check their Aadhaar history.
This gives the details usage since the issuance of the Aadhaar number.
You can check the history of your Aadhaar usage by visiting the ‘Aadhaar Authentication History’ section on the official website of UIDAI.
UIDAI also informs about the documents that are link to your Aadhaar card which empowers people to detect and address any discrepancies promptly.
You can also find the date, time and mode of authentication of Aadhaar number.
How to Know Where Your Aadhaar Card (UID) has Used?
Follow These Steps :
- Visit the official UIDAI website.
- On the left top corner of the homepage, click on the ‘My Aadhaar‘ section
- From the dropdown menu, select the ‘Aadhaar Authentication History‘ under the Aadhaar services section.
- You will be redirect to a new page.
- Login with your Aadhaar number and security code and click on ‘Send OTP‘.
- Fill in with the OTP for proper verification and click on ‘Proceed‘.
- All the details regarding your Aadhaar card’s past activities will appear on the screen.
After entering the authentication history page, you can see the information for recent six months, including up to 50 records.
You can customise the date range on the calendar to view more records.
If any discrepancy can be seen, you can visit the nearest Aadhaar centre for immediate correction.
In case of any misuse or irregularities, you can reach out to the UIDAI through their toll-free number 1947 or send an email to [email protected].
As it is important to maintain a habit of checking your Aadhaar history at regular intervals to keep a check on discrepancies or misuse of your Aadhaar number.