The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways came with a new registration mark for new vehicles on 28th August 2021. New Vehicles will follow the Bharat series (BH-series).
The Transport Ministry introduce this new rule in order to make the transfer of vehicles from one state to another seamless.
Central and State government employees, Central and State PSUs, private sector companies who have their office branches in more than 4 states or union territories are eligible for this service.
Only for Defense personnel, the service is voluntary.
Format of the BH Series :
The new registration under the BH series will be like this :
YY BH #### XX.
- YY stands for Year of first registration,
- BH means code for Bharat Series,
- #### stands for the number from 0000 to 9999 which is randomly selected.
- XX, these are alphabets (AA to ZZ).
How to Register for the BH Series?
- Application for a new plate is require at the origin RTO of the vehicle purchase which will require a government-issued ID to prove the individual’s employment
- The owner of the vehicle will have to pay the road tax for 2 years or its multiples like 4 years or 6 years depending on the tenure and the place where the car is purchase
- Earlier when a vehicle had to move from one state to another, the parent state had to issue a ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) for assigning a new registration mark in another state but now with the new BH series no state is involve in the process and no NOC is require
- New state tax will be applicable to the owner of the vehicle
- The owner needs to renew all other documents related to the maintenance of the car otherwise it will have to pay the fine according to the state policy
- A refund is also applicable if the owner wants to pay road tax of the new state and still has time left from the previous state.
- In that condition an application for a refund of the road tax in the parent state has to be filed.
THANK YOU FOR READING.