Tata Punch gets a 5-star rating for adult occupant protection and 4-stars for child occupant protection in Global NCAP’s latest #SaferCarsForIndia crash tests. The Punch was test in compliance with the requirements of Global NCAP’s voluntary test procedure.
The Tata Punch is the latest to join the 5-star gang of Tata Motors which includes Tata Nexon, and Tata Altroz.
David Ward, President of the Towards Zero Foundation Said :
Tata Punch Latest Global NCAP Crash Test Results :
The Tata Punch was test in the most basic safety specification, fit with two airbags, ABS brakes, and ISOFIX anchorages.
Tata Punch can be improve by equip the model with standard Electronic Stability Control (ESC), side head impact protection systems as standard, and 3-point belts in all seating positions.
Tata’s decision to install both child occupants as rearward facing, demonstrating that this position offers the best safety option as both child dummies receive a good protection.
- Tata Punch offers a protection to the driver and passenger’s head and neck was good.
- The driver and passenger’s chests show good protection.
- Driver and passenger knees show good protection.
- Driver tibias shows adequate protection while passenger’s tibias show adequate and good protection.
- The bodyshell was rate as stable and was capable of withstanding further loadings.
- The footwell area was rates as stable.
- Tata Punch offers standard Seat Belt Reminders (SBR) for driver and passenger.
- The Tata Punch passes the UN95 side impact test as Tata Punch has front passengers SBR that passes the requirements and Tata Punch offers standard ABS (4 channel).
- Tata Punch child seat for the 3-year-old and 1.5-year-old was installed rearward facing with ISOFIX connectors and support leg.
- The CRS was able to prevent excessive forward movement during the impact and offer good protection to the head and chest of both dummies.
- CRS marking was permanent.
- The recommended CRS did not show incompatibility.
- Tata Punch offers a lap belt in the rear centre position.
- The Tata Punch has standard ISOFIX anchorages.
THANK YOU FOR READING.