Vi (Vodafone Idea) is rolling out its Wi-Fi calling service in India.
The new service is to be initially limit to a couple of circles.
The operator has been testing its Wi-Fi calling service for some time now.
According to a report by Telecom Talk, the launch of Wi-Fi calling by Vi was confirme by a customer support official while responding to a user query on Twitter.
The official reportedly sent a message to the user saying the service is applicable for the Maharashtra and Goa as well as Kolkata circles.
It has started rolling out from Tuesday, as per the message cited by the telecom-focussed blog.
Vi has been testing its Wi-Fi calling service for some time.
The company apparently started testing the service alongside Airtel and Jio, but while the other two networks already have it in place, Vi has not yet announced its rollout details.
The new service will allow users to switch to Wi-Fi calling when they are in a network-congested area.
It may require a software update on the user’s handset to add support for voice calling over Wi-Fi.
THANK YOU FOR READING.
2YoDoINDIA Everything TO YOUR DOOR
- Helpline Number : 800-446-3-445
- Our E-COMMERCE platform.
- For Our Official News & Media Visit our Website
- For Technology and Technical Videos Subscribe our YouTube Channel.
- 2YoDoINDIA Online Shopping Android Application Download From Google Play Store
- 2YoDoINDIA News & Media Android Application Download From Google Play Store
- Also Follow Us On : Twitter | Instagram | Facebook Page | LinkedIn