Big-hyped movie “Adipurush“, a inspired by Ramayana, release on this Friday in many theatres with large crowds, a seat being reserve for Lord Hanuman and a man purportedly being beaten up in Hyderabad for criticising the film.
Despite having a blockbuster start at the box office, with approximately Rs 140 crore in global collection, the film garner a lot of criticism for its VFX and language.
Directed by Om Raut and starring Prabhas as Raghav, Kriti Sanon as Janaki and Saif Ali Khan as Lankesh, the movie “Adipurush” gets social media space with videos and photographs of people offering prayers before settling down in their seats.
Check Out Some of its Biggest Mistakes | 2YoDo Review
- The VFX was not up to the mark. The special effects in the film were often criticize for being poor and unrealistic. This was especially evident in the scenes involving the battle between Lord Ram and Ravana.
- The film’s interpretation of the Ramayana was not faithful to the original text. The makers of the film took some liberties with the story, which upset some fans of the epic. As they show Lord Ram as an angry and violent man, which is not in keeping with his traditional depiction.
- The film’s dialogues were often cheesy and cringeworthy. The dialogue in the film was often criticize for being poorly written and deliver. This was especially evident in the scenes between Lord Ram and Sita.
- The film’s pacing was slow and uneven. The film drag in some places, and the action sequences were not as exciting as they could have.
- The film’s characters were not well-develop. The characters in the film were often one-dimensional and underdevelop. This made it difficult for the audience to connect with them.
- The film’s music was not memorable. The music in the film was often criticize for being forgettable and unoriginal. This was especially evident in the film’s title track.
- The film’s historical inaccuracies. Some critics have point out that the film takes some liberties with history, such as depicting Ravana as a giant. They argue that these inaccuracies make the film less believable and less respectful of the Ramayana.
- Dialogues such as ‘Jo humari behno ko haath lagaayenge, unki Lanka laga denge’, ‘Kapda tere baap ka. Tel tere baap ka. Aag bhi tere baap ki. Toh jalegi bhi tere baap ki’, have not well-receive by anyone as it doesn’t gel with the story of Ramayana.
#OneWordReview…#Adipurush: DISAPPOINTING.— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) June 16, 2023
Rating: ⭐️½#Adipurush is an EPIC DISAPPOINTMENT… Just doesn’t meet the mammoth expectations… Director #OmRaut had a dream cast and a massive budget on hand, but creates a HUGE MESS. #AdipurushReview pic.twitter.com/zQ9qge30Kv
Adipurush – The movie fail to impress critics despite its enormous budget of Rs 500 crore and hype.