Passport Seva portal online experience is seamless but you will have to visit the Passport Seva Kendra or a Regional Passport Office physically to complete the process after taking an appointment online.
The Ministry of External Affairs has provided a online service called Passport Seva that lets citizens apply for a passport online.
- You will need to keep your original documents ready to carry along while visiting a Passport Seva Kendra or a Regional Passport Office for your appointment.
- After you apply for a passport online you will get 90 days to visit a Passport Seva Kendra.
- Failing which you will have to resubmit your online application.
Documents Required :
- Applicants are advised to visit their jurisdictional passport office’s home page under Passport Office Page to know about additional documents required, if any.
- Applicants are required to furnish original documents along with one set of self-attested photocopies of the same at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) for processing.
- It is assumed that consent of both parents is available, unless specified.
- For minor applicants, present address proof document in the name of parent(s) can be submitted.
- It is advised to carry original and self-attested copies of parents passport to Passport Seva Kendra (PSK), in case parents possess passport.
- For minor applicants, documents can be attested by parents.
- The minor applicant is eligible for Non-ECR till he/she attains the age of 18 years.
- ECR stands for Emigration Check Required and ECNR stands for Emigration Check Not Required.
- ECR status will be printed in the passport of the applicants who fall in the ECR category.For those falling in the Non-ECR category, there will be no specific mention in the passport.
- The practice of putting Non-ECR (previously ECNR) stamp has been discontinued
How to Apply for a Online Passport in India?
Follow These Steps :
- Visit the Passport Seva portal
- Click on the Register Now link.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Select the passport office you would like to visit.
- Type Captcha characters.
- Click on the Register button.
- Login to the Passport Seva portal with your registered login ID.
- Click the Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport link.
- Fill in the required details in the form.
- Click Submit.
- Click on the Pay and Schedule Appointment link.
- This will let you schedule your appointment.
- You also need to pay a fee online for your appointment.
- Click on the Print Application Receipt link to print your application receipt.
- You will receive an SMS message with the details of your appointment.
- You just need to visit the Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office where the appointment has been booked.
- Carry your original documents with the application receipt.
- It’s not compulsory to carry the physical application receipt if you have and can show the SMS message you received on your phone.
THANK YOU FOR READING.