AR Rahman refer to as ‘The Mozart Of Madras’, AR Rahman turns 55 today. The music composer has been an inspiration to many and his work is a window of his rollercoaster journey.
AR Rahman well known for his soulful music and plethora of awards and honours, but still, there’s a lot about him that not many people.
Facts about the AR Rahman
- AR Rahman was born into a Hindu family as Dileep Kumar.
- At the age of 23, the music composer went ahead to embrace Islam, after he met his spiritual guru, Qadri Islam.
- Before AR Rahman step in the entertainment industry, AR Rahman was seen in Doordarshan’s Wonder Balloon as a kid where he shot to fame for being the kid who could play 4 keyboards at once.
- Mani Ratnam was the first one to spot the talent in AR Rahman and the began film scoring for AR Rahman’s Tamil film Roja in 1992.
- AR Rahman got a sum of Rs 25,000 for the project, and AR Rahman became the recipient of National Film Award along with huge success, popularity and admiration.
- He married Saira and his three children, Ameen Khatija and Rahima.
- AR Rahman’s son, Ameen share the same birth date, that is 6th January.
- AR Rahman is the first Asian to have won 2 Oscars in the same year for ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
- The Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri recipient has also won 4 National Awards.
- Not many know that the Oscar winning song “Jai Ho” was initially compose for the Salman Khan starrer, Yuvraaj!
- Apart from Slumdog Millionaire, AR Rahman has also compose great scores for other Hollywood films like 127 Hours and Lord Of War.
- AR Rahman join hands with Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart and Joss Stone to introduce a completely different kind of music under the name SuperHeavy.
- Stewart term SuperHeavy as a ‘mad alchemist type experiment’.
- To honour the singer-composer, a street in Markham, Ontario, Canada, was name after him in November 2013.
- Airtel’s signature tune which is compose by AR Rahman, is said to be the world’s most download mobile music with over 150 million downloads.
Here’s wishing a very happy birthday to AR Rahman!
THANK YOU FOR READING.