Passport is an important document that proves who you are and which country you belong to. As Passport helps you travel for different reasons like holidays, work, or studying.
Making sure your passport is up to date is really important if you want your travel.
In India, your passport is valid for ten years from when it was issue but after that, you need to renew it.
You can start renewing it up to three years after it expires or up to one year before.
It is best to start the renewal process about 9 months before it expires to avoid any problems, but you can still renew it within 6 months.
So, this might cause delays and affect your travel plans.
If you are under 18, your passport is valid for 5 years or until you turn 18, or comes first.
After that, you can renew your passport online.
If you are between 15 and 18, you can choose to get a passport that is valid for 10 years.
Documents Required for Passport Renewal
- Original passport
- Photo copies of the first and last two pages of your current passport
- ECR/Non-ECR page photocopies with self-attestation
- Address proof
- Validity extension page Photo copy
- Photo copy of the self-attested page of observation
How To Renew Passport Online?
Follow These Steps :
- Go to the Passport Seva website.
- If you haven’t register yet, you’ll need to do so.
- Just follow the instructions to register and get your login ID.
- Log in to the portal using your login details.
- Select the option that says ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport‘.
- Fill in all the require details.
- Choose the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment‘ option.
- Make your payment using one of the available payment methods.
- Submit your form when you’ve fill it out completely.
- Choose ‘Print Application Receipt‘.
- On schedule date, visit your nearest Passport Seva Kendra with all the necessary documents and your application form.
How to Book an Appointment for Your Passport Renewal?
Follow These Steps :
- Log in to the Passport Seva website using your login details.
- Select the option ‘View Saved and Submitted Application‘.
- Click on ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment‘.
- Pick a payment method and choose the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) where you’d like to go.
- Verify your chosen PSK location by entering the CAPTCHA code display.
- Select a suitable appointment slot from the available dates.
- Click on ‘Pay and Book the Appointment‘.
When it comes to passport renewal fees, they can vary depending on factors such as your age, the number of pages in the booklet, and the type of scheme you choose (normal or tatkal).
Opting for the tatkal scheme incurs an additional fee of ₹2000.