Google Search is being updated with the option to enable Dark Mode on desktop. Now you will have 3 options in appearance settings of the search engine from Google. The Dark Mode helps reduce eye strain by keeping a minimum contrast ratio required for readability.
This include the option to keep the appearance settings of Google Search synced with their computer’s default theme, which will be most helpful if you have set an automatic time for turning the Dark Mode on and off.
The new appearance settings have three options :
- Device default,
- Device default setting automatically matches the colour scheme of the device.
- Dark setting shows a light text over a dark background.
- Light setting shows a dark text over a light background.
The new Dark Mode settings starts rolling out for users on 9th September 2021 and will be gradually available to all users in the coming weeks.
Remember the new appearance settings will apply for the Google homepage, Search results page, Search settings, among other linked webpages.
How to Turn on Google Search Dark Mode for Desktop Users?
Follow These Steps :
- Open Google Search enter google.com in your Web browser.
- At the bottom right corner on the Google Search homepage click on Settings.
- Then click on Appearance.
- In case it’s not visible under Settings then click on Search Settings and then on Appearance from the left panel of the page that opens.
- Choose between options Device default, Dark, or Light.
- Click Save.
Google first started testing the Dark Mode feature for Google Search on desktop back in December 2020.
Google Search on Mobile has had Dark Mode since from May 2020.
THANK YOU FOR READING.