Adults need at least 7-8 hours of sound sleep to stay fit and healthy.
Those who suffer from insomnia as a sleep disorder in which you face difficulty falling asleep, also struggle in their routine chores due to many reasons like fatigue, lack of focus, and increased vulnerability to health conditions like cold and flu.
How to Overcome the Insomnia :
Ristrict Caffeine Intake
- Caffeine which is the most important component of coffee is also a powerful stimulant that can force your body to stay active even when you are trying to sleep.
- So if you are consuming too many caffeinated drinks including soft drinks and energy drinks too frequently then you should try to limit the intake and especially avoid them after 5-6 in the evenings.
- You can benefit from spending 20-30 minutes a day in the gym or by simply going for a jog.
- Bear in mind that the results of a bidirectional relationship between exercise and sleep don’t show immediately.
- You have to wait for a few weeks to observe the improvement in the quality of your sleep.
- So be patient and don’t give up even if you don’t see the benefits immediately.
- Research on the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM) has shown that a regular exercise routine can contribute to improved sleep.
- You can create a more relaxing atmosphere that can help you unwind and sleep easily.
- You can do this by removing distractions from your bedroom including your desktop and television, bright sources of light, etc.
- Listening to white music or some other kind of soothing music when you go to bed can also help a lot.
Fixed Sleeping Time
- It can be difficult to get your 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night if you change the timing frequently.
- This is because our bodies love routine & following a biological clock.
- If you are able to sleep and wake up at fixed times on a consistent basis, then you can improve the quality of your sleep and overcome insomnia.
- Most people go to bed with their phone in their hands as they refuse to lose touch with the virtual world for as long as possible.
- This habit is related to the worst quality of sleep.
- This is because if you burden your mind with stimulating visuals and activities like playing games, checking emails, going through social media feed, etc.
- Then sleeping can become quite difficult.
- Try to develop a habit of leaving your phone alone 30 minutes ahead of your usual bedtime.
More Calcium and Magnesium
- Deficiency of calcium and magnesium in your body can trigger a pattern in which you wake up a few hours after going to sleep only to struggle to return to sleep.
- This is because these nutrients play an important role in various processes such as muscle relaxation & protein formation.
- So by adding more calcium and magnesium-rich foods to your diet, you can gradually overcome insomnia.
Quality sleep is essential for a healthy mind and body.
If you have insomnia, then don’t take it lightly and take concrete steps to end the sleepless nights once and for all.
WARNING : If the problem isn’t solved by lifestyle changes alone then don’t hesitate to consult a doctor as this article is for knowledge base.
THANK YOU FOR READING.